|One-Day Pass: $70-$80||One Day Hopper: $83-$93||Annual Hopper Pass: $149-$179|
A theme park dedicated to children 2-12 years old, Legoland California is located in Carlsbad, north of San Diego.
Related articles: Disneyland Vacation, Disney World Vacation, Theme Park Admission, Disney Cruise
- A one-day pass to Legoland costs $80 for an adult or $70 for a child 2-12 years old or seniors older than 60. A family of four can expect to pay about $300 for tickets purchased online; walk-up pricing is slightly higher.
- One-day Sea Life Aquarium Hopper passes allow entrance to both Legoland and either the adjacent Sea Life Aquarium or Legoland Water Park at a cost of $93 for adults, $83 for children, or about $352 for a family of four.
- Resort Hopper one-day tickets that also include entrance to Legoland, Sea Life Aquarium and the Legoland Water Park cost $99 adults or $89 for children. This all-access pass will cost a family of four about $360.
- An annual pass for Legoland costs $129 for adults or $99 for children. A Merlin Annual Pass will cost $179 for adults or about $149 for children, and includes access to Legoland and the other 14 US Merlin attractions . An Ambassador Resort Pass sells for $2,500 (for both adults and children) and provides unlimited access to Legoland parks for a lifetime.
What should be included:|
- Ticket prices typically cover the cost of admission as well as most rides and attractions at each park.
- Cafeteria-style dining options include spare ribs (about $14), hot dog ($8) or chicken plates with French fries (about $11) at the Knight's Table Barbeque where food for a family of four will cost about $32 -$70. Dine with full-table service at the Upper Deck. Prices vary from $5 for a la carte items to $15 for plated meals including grilled salmon. Expect to pay about $70 -$90 for a family of four, depending on food and beverage choices. A Pirates Feast barbeque menu will cost about $19 per adult and $9 for children, or about $80 for a family of four with beverages.
- Parking prices are $15 for cars, $20 for campers or RVs and $5 for motorcycles. Spaces closer to the entrance gate are considered preferred and cost $25 per day. Legoland memberships include free parking.
- Legoland rents a variety of sizes of strollers for younger children. Stroller rental costs $11-$15, depending on size.
- Lodging prices vary by hotel from $80 -$375 per couple, double occupancy, depending on location. The Legoland Hotel opened in summer 2013 and rates start at about $275 per night. TheHyatt Regency Mission Bay costs about $250 -$375 per room, double occupancy while the Ramada By the Sea in Carlsbad offers double occupancy rooms from about $150 -$225, depending on room size and travel date.
Shopping for a legoland california vacation:
- Lego Club members who receive the quarterly magazine will see coupons for a free child's admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Purchase a second-day ticket when buying the one-day pass and pay a reduced cost for the additional day of $15-$20, depending on which pass is purchased
- Savings on tickets purchased online change regularly and may vary from $15 off a two-park hopper pass to gift cards when buying multiple admissions.
- Receive $10 off when purchasing online through San Diego Tourism .
- Discounts of 10% are available for military personnel or AAA members.
- Off season specials vary from early-bird annual pass purchases to savings at San Diego hotels from $50 -$150 per night, depending on travel date and size of room.
- Tickets may be purchased online through Legoland California Resort .
- Phone apps with park maps and information are available for both iPhone and Android users.
Forgotten Expenses In a Home Addition Budget
Items like construction costs, permit fees or debris removal aren't the only expenses to consider when calculating the total costs of a home remodeling project. || Posted August 5 2013
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Travel Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com