|One-Day Pass: $70-$80||One Day Hopper: $83-$93||Annual Hopper Pass: $149-$179|
A theme park dedicated to children 2-12 years old, Legoland California is located in Carlsbad, north of San Diego.
Related articles: Disneyland Vacation, Disney World Vacation, Theme Park Admission, Disney Cruise
- A one-day pass to Legoland costs $80 for an adult or $70 for a child 2-12 years old or seniors older than 60. A family of four can expect to pay about $300 for tickets purchased online; walk-up pricing is slightly higher.
- One-day Sea Life Aquarium Hopper passes allow entrance to both Legoland and either the adjacent Sea Life Aquarium or Legoland Water Park at a cost of $93 for adults, $83 for children, or about $352 for a family of four.
- Resort Hopper one-day tickets that also include entrance to Legoland, Sea Life Aquarium and the Legoland Water Park cost $99 adults or $89 for children. This all-access pass will cost a family of four about $360.
- An annual pass for Legoland costs $129 for adults or $99 for children. A Merlin Annual Pass will cost $179 for adults or about $149 for children, and includes access to Legoland and the other 14 US Merlin attractions . An Ambassador Resort Pass sells for $2,500 (for both adults and children) and provides unlimited access to Legoland parks for a lifetime.
What should be included:|
- Ticket prices typically cover the cost of admission as well as most rides and attractions at each park.
- Cafeteria-style dining options include spare ribs (about $14), hot dog ($8) or chicken plates with French fries (about $11) at the Knight's Table Barbeque where food for a family of four will cost about $32 -$70. Dine with full-table service at the Upper Deck. Prices vary from $5 for a la carte items to $15 for plated meals including grilled salmon. Expect to pay about $70 -$90 for a family of four, depending on food and beverage choices. A Pirates Feast barbeque menu will cost about $19 per adult and $9 for children, or about $80 for a family of four with beverages.
- Parking prices are $15 for cars, $20 for campers or RVs and $5 for motorcycles. Spaces closer to the entrance gate are considered preferred and cost $25 per day. Legoland memberships include free parking.
- Legoland rents a variety of sizes of strollers for younger children. Stroller rental costs $11-$15, depending on size.
- Lodging prices vary by hotel from $80 -$375 per couple, double occupancy, depending on location. The Legoland Hotel opened in summer 2013 and rates start at about $275 per night. TheHyatt Regency Mission Bay costs about $250 -$375 per room, double occupancy while the Ramada By the Sea in Carlsbad offers double occupancy rooms from about $150 -$225, depending on room size and travel date.
Shopping for a legoland california vacation:
- Lego Club members who receive the quarterly magazine will see coupons for a free child's admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Purchase a second-day ticket when buying the one-day pass and pay a reduced cost for the additional day of $15-$20, depending on which pass is purchased
- Savings on tickets purchased online change regularly and may vary from $15 off a two-park hopper pass to gift cards when buying multiple admissions.
- Receive $10 off when purchasing online through San Diego Tourism .
- Discounts of 10% are available for military personnel or AAA members.
- Off season specials vary from early-bird annual pass purchases to savings at San Diego hotels from $50 -$150 per night, depending on travel date and size of room.
- Tickets may be purchased online through Legoland California Resort .
- Phone apps with park maps and information are available for both iPhone and Android users.
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
7 Ways to Stretch Your Reduced Food Budget
End of the year budgets are tight for everyone, especially in this economy.It's especially hard for the millions of Americans who depend on government programs like food stamps to help make ends meet. || Posted November 11 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Travel Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com